Professor of Art History
Robin Adèle Greeley is Associate Professor of Modern & Contemporary Latin American Art History. She is also Affiliate Faculty at MIT. Dr. Greeley received her S.M.Arch.S. from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (1988), and her Ph.D. from the University of California, Berkeley (1996). Dr. Greeley has authored, edited and co-edited a number of books, including:
- Surrealism and the Spanish Civil War (Yale University Press, 2006)
- Mexican Muralism: A Critical History (University of California Press, 2012)
- The Logic of Disorder: The Art and Writings of Abraham Cruzvillegas (Harvard University Press, 2015)
- A Companion to Modern and Contemporary Latin American and Latina/o Art (Wiley-Blackwell, 2020)
- La Interculturalidad y sus imaginarios. Conversacionces con Néstor García Canclini (Gedisa, 2018)
Dr. Greeley is a founding member of the Symbolic Reparations Research Project. The SRRP analyzes and provides policy recommendations on the role of art and aesthetic memorialization in symbolic reparations for victims-survivors of human rights violations in the Americas. The SRRP provides best practice recommendations and interpretive guidance on the use of art in conceptualizing and implementing programs for symbolic reparation, in accordance with the norms of international human rights. Recently, she has co-authored a technical opinion for the United Nations High Commission of Human Rights and a forthcoming set of guidelines for the Inter-American Court of Human Rights.
Dr. Greeley is the recipient of numerous national and international grants from institutions such as the Getty Foundation, the Rockefeller Foundation, the Howard Foundation, the Fulbright, the Mellon Foundation, the Social Science Research Council, and the Newhouse Humanities Institute, among others. Dr. Greeley co-organized the series Art & Politics in Contemporary Latin America (2009-2012) at the David Rockefeller Center for Latin American Studies, Harvard University. She has taught at Harvard, MIT (where she is Affiliate Faculty), Stanford, San Quentin Federal Penitentiary, and U.C. Berkeley.
For more information about Robin, visit http://uconn.academia.edu/RobinGreeley.