The Art & Art History Department offers the best of both worlds – an immersive, professional art education as well as the rich opportunities offered by a major research university – at a fraction of the cost of attending a private art school.
The Office of Student Financial Aid Services works hard to make a UConn education affordable for all students. Please visit their website for detailed information about financial aid:
Please keep these important facts in mind:
- For 2014-15, the direct cost of attending UConn (tuition, fees, housing, meals) is estimated at $25,348 for in-state students and $45,528 for out-of-state students. Need-based aid and merit-based awards may substantially reduce this amount.
- Each year, the Art&Art History Department itself awards over $85,000 in merit-based awards and endowed scholarships.
- All applicants seeking financial aid should complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) as soon as possible after January 1, 2016. It must be completed by March 1, 2016 in order for the applicant to be automatically considered for all types of financial aid. The FAFSA is available online at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/
- For the University’s merit scholarships, priority is given to students who complete their applications by December 1, 2015.
- The Office of Student Financial Aid Services is available to help you and answer questions. You can email the office at email@example.com or call (860) 486-2819, Monday-Friday, 8:00 am-5:00 pm.