- Michael Amato (BFA ’17) – Documenting the Burner Subculture: Photographs of the Hawai‘i Fire Artists – SURF Grant
- Nicole Horsman (BFA ’15) – Connecticut Art Directors Club Silver Award – Klaus
- Seb Blaisdell (BFA ’15) – Connecticut Art Directors Club Excellence Award
- Jocelyn Lau (BFA ’15) – The Undergraduate Awards for Visual Art & Design
- Feifei Luo (BFA ’15) – Arches/Canson Paper Prize at the Arches 9th Biennial Student Print Exhibition
- Ariel Spiegerman (BFA ’15) – Arches/Canson Paper Prize at the Arches 9th Biennial Student Print Exhibition
- Franklin Canales (BFA ’16) – AIGA / Professional Association for Design Student Scholarship Award
- Alana Valdez (BFA ’16) – OUR Supply Award – Double Take
- Catherine Solari (BFA ’17) – SHARE Award – Galatea Triumphant: Explorations in Figurative Ceramic Sculpture for Upcoming Solo and Group Exhibitions
- Brendan Smalec (BA ’16) – SURF Grant – Looking Beyond the Genetic Code: Cracking the Epigenetic Changes Associated with Tumorigenesis and Metastasis in the White-Footed Mouse (Molecular and Cell Biology)
- Ryan King (BFA ’16) – IDEA Grant – Visual Meditation – Ryan created and exhibited a body of artwork that explores the interactions between paintings and viewers using hard edge abstraction with an open-minded and meditative approach.
- Raeanne Nuzzo (BFA ’17) – Fear: The Culture – IDEA Grant – Raeanne will complete an interactive design project that examines statements about danger and fear from the current presidential primary campaign, paired with the hashtag “#FearTheCulture” printed over a variety of images from sensationalized media, as a method of exploring the contemporary American culture of fear.
- Brendan Smalec (BFA ’16) – Looking Beyond the Genetic Code: Mapping the Epigenomic Landscape of Tumorigenesis and Metastasis in the White-Footed Mouse – IDEA Grant – Brendan explored the epigenetic markers of a highly metastatic tumor found in the white-footed mouse to identify genes that contribute to the development of tumors.
- Mikey Karpiel (BFA ’14) – Connecticut Art Directors Club Judges’ Award, Gold Award and Silver Award
- Jamie Girolamo (BFA ’14) – OUR Supply Award – The Bond of a Father and Daughter
- Samantha Sealy (BFA ’14) – OUR Supply Award – Photo Manipulation
- Nellie Binder (BA ’15) – SURF Grant – Photographs that Changed History: The Majdanek Liberation Narrative
- Antonio Campelli (BFA ’15) – SURF Grant – Recording Remains: Reading the Book Format as Installation
- Kaitrin Acuna (BFA ’15) – OUR Supply Award – Translucence
- Brooke Foti (BFA ’15) – OUR Supply Award – Translucence
- Julianne Norton (Art Minor ’15) – SHARE Award – Contemporary Indian Art
- Kaitrin Acuna (BFA ’15) – SURF Grant – Sculpting Sound: A Book on the Art and Science of Synesthesia
- Julianne Norton (Art Minor ’15) – SURF Award – How to Make the Ideal Shoe: Postmemory and Artists’ Books
- Marissa Stanton (BFA ’15) – IDEA Grant – Studying Color and Light in Tuscany – Marissa traveled to Florence, Italy to conduct research on color, light, and atmosphere, which was used to create a series of paintings along with a limited-edition book of poetry reflecting upon her work and how it developed in that environment.
- Isabelle Nat (BA ’13) – SHARE Award – Queen Marau in Paris: Fashion, Gender, and Colonial Politics in the Late 19th Century
- Karolina Hac (BA ’14) – SURF Grant – Copenhagen as a Canvas: A Study of the Presence of Street Art
From 2012-2016, Art & Art History majors and minors received over $102,000 in support from the Office of Undergraduate Research, including over $68,000 in UConn IDEA Grant funding.